Use of our park constitutes your agreement to the policies stated below.
16 Springs is where most of our guests enjoy camping in peace and quiet. Please show respect for your fellow campers & neighbors by keeping music and/or conduct levels where it can be heard only in your camp. If at any time your music or conduct is too loud or inappropriate, you will be asked once by the park hosts to comply with the rules of the park. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the park.
Check-in and Check-out
Review our arrival and departure page for more information.
See our rates for more information.
At 16 Springs, our guests enjoy camping in peace and quiet. Please show respect for your neighbors by keeping music and/or conduct levels where it can be heard only in your camp. If at any time your music or conduct is too loud or inappropriate, you will be asked once by the park hosts to comply with the rules of the park.
- We reserve the right to ask guest(s) to leave the park at any time and for any reason.
- Maximum of 3-4 people per site unless prior approval by staff at time of reservation.
- Each site is limited to one (1) RV and one (1) vehicle.
- The RV must be well maintained and in excellent overall condition.
- No repairs or maintenance may be done in the park, except by approved park mobile services. Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles are not permitted in the park.
- Damage, theft or destruction of any property will be assessed to the responsible party.
- Show courtesy to your fellow campers by not walking through RV sites.
- Report(s) of excessive noise or unruly behavior may result in guest(s) being evicted from our park. This could result in loss of security deposit and rental amount.
- In case of any disputes or complaints, you must notify us as soon as reasonably practicable.
- All buildings in the park are non-smoking.
During the frozen winter months, no water or laundry facilities are available.
We hope you have lots of laughter and fun times during your vacation! However, we’d really appreciate it if you’re mindful and keep noise to a minimum after 9pm. This policy is strictly enforced.
- Please report any loud or inappropriate behavior to the park host.
- Four-wheelers, motorcycles, and ATVs are allowed but please do not leave them running or ride them around the park for fun. There are many designated trails outside of the park that are awaiting you.
Children and Safety
- Parents are responsible for children’s actions and safety.
- An adult must accompany campers under 18. Children under 12 must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Guests are fully responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times, as well as any disturbance caused to other residents.
- Please do not allow your children to climb trees or harm the wildlife.
- The park speed limit is 5 mph.
We want you to enjoy your vacation and time to the maximum, but we do have to set some restrictions on visitor numbers for safety reasons. As part of our rental agreement, we need the names and details of each member of your traveling party. Also, please respect the maximum visitors and rules regarding visitors as set out below.
- Any additional overnight visitors must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee as noted in ourrates.
- All visitors of camping guests must check-in and pay guest fee prior to entering grounds.
- A $6.00 fee per day must be paid in advance for all guests over 6 years of age.
- Guests are allowed a maximum of two visitors at any time during their stay.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring their visitors comply with our park rules.
- Campers are responsible for the actions of their visitors.
- All overnight visitors must arrive and register before office closes.
- Parties and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited. Any small gathering must comply with our other Park Rules regarding noise, the neighborhood, and visitor numbers.
Pets are certainly welcome at 16 Springs. However, all pets must be leashed and under the physical control of the owner/handler at all times!
- Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash, picked up after, and attended to at all times.
- Zero tolerance for aggressive or noisy dogs.
- Owners/handlers are liable for their dog’s actions while staying at the campground.
- Pet pens, cages, kennels, etc. are not allowed.
- If you need bags to pick up waste, we keep plenty in the office.
- Proof of rabies/distemper vaccinations should be provided upon request.
- Maximum of three domestic pets allowed on any campsite.
- Pets are not allowed on any vacant site or restrooms.
- Please use non-camping areas, preferably perimeter forest areas away from campsites, when walking your pet.
Please use only the designated fire rings. Also, please note that campfires may be restricted entirely during the mid-summer months when the fire danger is elevated.
- Campfires are allowed if we are not in a burn ban. Fires must be small and kept in existing fire rings. NO cutting or trimming of trees nor gathering of wood on RV grounds. Put out fires with water until all coals are cool to the touch.
- A fee of $10 will be assessed if camp host is required to extinguish fire completely.
- Fires must never be higher than 18 inches.
- Fire rings are for firewood ONLY – food scraps, cigarette butts, plastic, aluminum cans, bread ties, etc. do not belong.
- Never leave fires unattended!!!
- Always extinguish fires completely when leaving them for any amount of time.
- Drones are not permitted to operate on park grounds.
- We are unable to receive packages and/or mail on behalf of our guests.
There is no Wi-Fi connectivity or telephone service for park guests. Please don’t ask, as we’re truly off the grid. Cellular and internet service is a five-minute drive from the park.
Cleanliness of the park is important to us. Sites are to be kept clean and orderly, as determined by management. Please leave common areas, restrooms and laundry as you would like to find them. If they need attention, please let us know.
- Dispose of your trash properly, especially not your campfire.
- Dumpsters are located near the bathhouse.
- Please be courteous and leave bathrooms clean and tidy for the next guest as we do not clean after each person. (16 Springs does not guarantee bathroom availability)
- We do not clean after each person.
- There is a designated trash disposal area. Please refrain from throwing any trash, such as bottle caps or cigarette butts onto the ground.
Damage and Illegal Activity
- A sewer hose seal (rubber donut or threaded connector) for your sewer hose is REQUIRED on all sewer hookups. Do not jam your sewer hose all the way down into the inlet as it can prevent flow from other sites and could stop up the line. If you do not have a sewer hose seal, we do have them available in the office for purchase.
- No trimming or wood gathering from trees or you could be charged for damages. Firewood bundles are available for sale from camp host.
- Absolutely NO FIREWORKS!
- Any damage made to park or property will be billed to the guest.
- Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
- Do not leave any food out that will attract uninvited pests and animals.
Payments and Fees
Any account that becomes past-due may will be subject to a 10% late payment fee, and may be suspended or disabled for non-payment at any time at the sole discretion of 16 Springs. Any accounts that are not collectable by 16 Springs will be turned over to an outside collection agency. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay 16 Springs a “Collection Fee” of not less than $250, in addition to any fees that may be imposed by the outside collection agency or its legal representation. All services that 16 Springs offers are considered to be provided on a strictly prepaid basis.
The prevailing party shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs and necessary disbursements and attorneys’ fees incurred in enforcing this Agreement.
Customer acknowledges that they make use 16 Springs’ services at their own risk.
Our relationship with you shall both be interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico excluding any rules governing choice of laws.
You irrevocably agree that the venue for any action or proceeding arising out of relating to this Agreement or our relationship with you, regardless of theory, location of parties or any other diversity of jurisdiction argument, shall be the State Courts located in Otero County in New Mexico. You irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of the aforementioned courts and hereby waive any objection to the exercise of jurisdiction by the aforementioned courts.
Management reserves the right to evict or refuse entry to any person. Guests and their visitors agree to use the campground at their own risk. Management and owners are not responsible for damage, injury or loss to persons, pets, or property. We reserve the right to make changes to the rules, regulations, and fees that we deem necessary.